Scholarship scheme under AICTE to encourage girls students to pursue Technical Education
By PIB Delhi
To encourage girl students to pursue Technical Education, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has been implementing scholarship scheme namely AICTE Pragati Scholarship Scheme since 2014-15. Under the scheme, a sum of Rs. 50,000/- per annum is disbursed to selected girl students as per the following criteria.
- Students admitted in AICTE approved institutions in 1st year of Degree/ Diploma level course or 2nd year of Degree/ Diploma level course through lateral entry.
- Maximum two girls per family.
- Total income of the family less than Rs. 8 lakh per annum.
- 10,000 scholarships per annum from 23 States/UTs (5000 for Diploma and 5000 for Degree).
- All eligible girl students from remaining 13 States/UTs (including North Eastern Region, Jammu &Kashmir etc.)
- Reservation-7.5% for ST, 15% for SC, and 27% for OBC candidates/applicants.
The information was given by the Minister of State for Education, Dr.SubhasSarkar in a written reply in the RajyaSabha today.