Steps taken by the government to increase public participation in Rooftop Solar Scheme
By PIB Delhi
Several steps have been taken by the Government to increase public participation in Rooftop Solar Scheme including the following:
- Launch of phase II of rooftop solar programme with Central Financial Assistance (CFA) for residential sector and incentives in slabs for the Power Distribution Companies (DISCOMs) for achievement of additional capacity over and above the installed capacity of the previous year.
- Development of online portals and aggregation of demand relating to rooftop solar projects.
- Preparation of model MoU, PPA and Capex Agreement for expeditious implementation of RTS projects in Government Sector.
- Electricity (Rights of Consumers) Rules, 2020 has been issued for net-metering up to five hundred Kilowatt or upto the electrical sanctioned load, whichever is lower.
- SPIN-an online platform developed for expediting project approval, report submission and monitoring progress of implementation of RTS projects.
- Facilitation of concessional loans from World Bank and Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- Renewable energy included under priority sector lending
- Innovative Business models for rooftop solar
- Information and public awareness activities through print and electronic media.
This information was given by Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy, Shri R.K.Singh in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.