Mumbai – January 13, 2020 – Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line, will introduce the big personality of the fabled small-batch Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream brand to guests sailing aboard the line’s six ships, in yet another ground-breaking first in the OceaniaNEXT campaign of enhancements.
“Oceania Cruises is always seeking to present the widest array of unique and intriguing culinary experiences. From the extravagance of the six-course Dom Perignon Experience to our new offering of Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream, our guests can always expect the unexpected” stated Bob Binder, President & CEO of Oceania Cruises.
Acclaimed year after year for serving the finest cuisine at sea, the brand is renowned for its culinary diversity and creativity. From the signature Polo Grill steakhouse serving 28-day dry-aged USDA prime beef, including a 32-ounce Queen’s Cut Prime Rib, to the ground-breaking new Aquamar Vitality Cuisine which includes more than 250 gourmet plant-based dishes, the depth and breadth of Oceania Cruises’ culinary offerings is unequaled. All dishes onboard are prepared to order and everything onboard, including the Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream, is made from scratch, daily. Only the freshest, finest ingredients are used with a sharp focus on locally sourced produce, fresh fish, artisanal flours, cheeses, chocolates, and butter among others.
Synonymous with unique flavors created using artisanal, local ingredients, Humphry Slocombe is the perfect new addition to Oceania Cruises’ hallmark Finest Cuisine at Sea. To celebrate the partnership, Humphry Slocombe co-founders Jake Godby (Chef) and Sean Vahey (Food & Beverage Manager) collaborated with Oceania Cruises’ culinary team to develop a new, signature ice cream flavor for the brand in addition to offering 13 other playful all-time favorite flavors which are made from scratch daily, onboard.
“‘Humphry Slocombe at sea’ is just not something I ever would have thought possible. But here we are on Oceania Cruises bringing unexpected pleasures across the globe. We share the goal with Oceania of creating unique and delicious moments through food and couldn’t be more excited by this partnership.” stated Jake Godby, co-founder and chef Humphry Slocombe.
Oceania Cruises will introduce its own signature flavor – “Regatta Royale” which is comprised of bittersweet dark fruity chocolate from Berkley, California based TCHO Chocolate with orange zest and smoked sea salt.
Additional flavors to be served onboard include:
- Secret Breakfast – Humphry Slocombe’s best-selling flavor. Bourbon ice cream with cornflake cookies.
- Elvis (the Fat Years) – roasted banana ice cream with bacon peanut brittle
- Toast & Jam – brown-butter ice cream with pieces of brioche and jam swirl
- After School Special – vanilla ice cream with chocolate covered potato chips and caramel swirl
- Harvey Milk & Honey Graham – made with raw blackberry honey from the Pacifica Northwest and house-made graham crackers
- Roasted White Chocolate with Lavender – roasted white chocolate ice cream infused with lavender
- Meyer Lemon Pound Cake – meyer lemon ice cream with pound cake
- Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple – natural peanut butter ice cream with fudge swirl
- Vietnamese Coffee – coffee, condensed milk, and roasted chicory
- Sweet Summer Corn – fresh shucked corn ice cream
- Black Sesame – roasted black sesame ice cream
- White Miso Apple – miso apple ice cream
- Fernet Fudge – dark fernet chocolate ice cream with fernet fudge swirl
Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream will premiere aboard the line’s Marina and Riviera in February and fleet-wide by mid-May. Humphry Slocombe will feature Oceania Cruises’ signature flavor for the entire month of January at all four of its scoop shops.
Humphry Slocombe Scoop Shops:
● Mission District: 2790A Harrison St., San Francisco, CA 94110, 415-550-5971
● Ferry Building: One Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA 94111, 415-550-5971
● Oakland: The Hive, 2335 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612, 510-338-3120
● Berkeley: 2948 College Ave, Berkeley, CA 94705, 510 529-4611