VLCC presents the 2019 edition of its annual ‘Transformation Show’ in Kolkata
A unique ramp show showcasing inspiring, real-life transformation stories
Kolkata, September 18, 2019: VLCC, a leading Indian beauty and wellness chain, hosted the VLCC Transformation Show in Kolkata today, showcasing and celebrating inspiring, real life transformational stories of women and men across age groups, who shared their journey to wellness, including weight loss, grooming and better health with the audience.
VLCC has been organizing the Transformation Show annually since 2016 to promote the need for and benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle by bringing on stage participants who have led by example and regained their health and fitness parameters and confidence through positive lifestyle changes, dietary modification and physical activity regimen, as practiced at VLCC.
Speaking on the occasion, Mrs. Vandana Luthra, Founder, VLCC said, “It is a momentous occasion for us to be able to witness these real-life transformations. These inspiring stories are a testimony to the possibility of leading a healthier life if a person chooses to work towards it and seek the right kind of expert guidance. VLCC has been offering holistic wellness and beauty solutions for three decades now, and it is success stories like these, that keep us motivated in our mission to spark self-transformation, spread happiness and imbibe individuals with wellness for life.”
Attended by over 400 guests, this year the show featured 63 women and men aged 19 to 70 years from diverse backgrounds across East India. The event was in the form of a contest where awards were given to three winners of the ramp show followed by winners for sub-categories, including Best Transformed, Beautiful Skin, Beautiful Hair, Ms. Congeniality, Beautiful Smile, VLCC Ms. Confident, VLCC Ms. Perfect and VLCC Special Recognition Award. The panel of judges comprising eminent personalities and celebrities included Ms. Nusrat Jahan, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) and popular Bengali actor; Ms. Usha Uthup legendary singer of India, Ms. Dona Ganguly, renowned Odissi exponent and wife of cricket legend Sourav Ganguly; Mr. Sourendro Soumyajit, famed music virtuoso; Ms. Richa Sharma, ex-Mrs India International; Ms. Alesia Raut, super model, VJ and fashion choreographer; and, Dr. S. N. Sharma, Director, Kasturi Das Memorial Super Specialty Hospital, Kolkata.
· Beautiful Hair- Dona Poddar ( Salt Lake)
· Beautiful Skin- Rakshanda Muquim (Theatre Road)
· Beautiful Smile – Dr. Sutapa Biswas (Bbsr 1)
· Miss Congeniality- Anusree Basu (Theatre Road)
· Miss Perfect – Rajwant Kaur (New Town)
· Miss Confident – Purnasha Das ( vip)
· Special Recognition award- Ratna Dutta (kkg)
· Special recognition- Savita Jhawar (Howrah)
· Special Recognition- Baisakhi Sarkar (Kasba)
· Special Recognition- Parvati Devi (Howrah)
· 2nd runner up- Madhurima Dey (Behala)
· 2nd runner up- Ananya Lahiri (Salt Lake)
· 1st runner up- Anusree Basu (Theatre Road)
· Winner- Anindita Dutta (Kasba)
Vandana Luthra Mother of Beauty & Wellness Industry & Founder of VLCC gives her best wishes for Durga Puja
· We have total 46 centres in West Bengal out of which 11 in Kolkata.
· Newly opened wellness locations are Rajathat Newtown & Laketown
· First wellness center in east is Theatre Road Centre, and the operation was started from November 1999
· Total number of Institutes in Eastern part is 13 (Including 6 in Kolkata)
· Newly opened Institutes are located in Behala Near Ajanta Cinema & Barasat Dakbanglow more
· We plan to add 100 new institutes in the coming three years, not just in India but also in overseas markets in the Middle East and Africa.
· We train approx 1000 students from the east. Over 20000 students in India every year.
· We have started our first institute in Kolkata way back in 2007 from Kolkata at Sarat Bose road.
· We are planning to open our 10 more centers in this market (Locations still under finalization stage). Planning to open 5 more institutes in the east.
· We are planning to open our 100 more centers in this market over next 2 years (Locations still under finalization stage).
· About INR 200 – 250 cr. is likely to be invested over the next two years, a significant majority of which will be in India.